The current school uniform has been agreed by all school partners i.e. Board of Management, Parents Association, school staff and Student Council in 1998.
How our students present themselves and how they conform to school rules says a lot about general attitude and pride in our school.
Jumper: Bottle green, V-necked with wine and navy trim at neck and embroidered school crest on front.
Shirt: Eau de Nil (Mint Green)
Trousers: Navy (Optional for girls)
Skirt: Wine, green and navy check with inverted pleat at front and two side pockets (lined)
Tights: Black opaque
Shoes: Sturdy flat black footwear in the interest of health and safety
Jacket: Green waterproof with fleece lining and school crest
- All students are expected to present in full uniform at all times.
- In situations where a student cannot present in full uniform, for a genuine reason, they must present a written explanation at Reception from a parent/guardian.
- School hoodies are not part of standard uniform and are not school jackets. They are only permitted on PE activities/outings. Students wearing them to class or found wearing them in the corridor or at any time at school (other than PE) will have them confiscated for the day.
- In the interest of health and safety and a positive school image, facial piercings are not permitted. Students wearing nose/eye studs will have them confiscated with immediate effect and these will be returned at the end of term. Boys are not permitted to wear earrings. Girls may wear one small stud in each earlobe only.
- Wearing of make-up is discouraged.
- T-shirts must not be visible under school uniform. Round neck T-shirts are not allowed to be worn under shirts. Shirts must be buttoned up to collar. Tie must be knotted correctly and visible at all times.
- School jackets should be kept through the day and brought from room to room. In class they should be removed and hung on the back of the chair.
- Scarves, hats and gloves are not to be worn in class.
- Alterations to uniform, ripped hems or seams are not permitted.
- In the interests of preserving the integrity of the uniform, designs shaved into hair, unnatural hair colours, large pieces of jewellery or oversized hairbands/headbands are not permitted.
- The school has a maroon blazer which is an optional extra for students should they so wish.